You know we’re huge Project Life groupies, right? Well, guess what? I have been TOTALLY slacking on keeping up with it over the last year. I was lucky to have some campaigns that motivated me to complete layouts or I don’t think I would have anything documented from 2013! Note: Project Life is not supposed to add stress to your life… which leads me to my decision to go ALL DIGITAL for 2014. (For my main family “yearbook”… not catching up on old photos, vacations, etc. I’ll definitely be doing some traditional pages, too!)
1. I don’t have to wait for photos to be printed. This was my biggest hangup by far – I just couldn’t keep up with the printing.
2. I can change things! This is huge for me because I change my mind. A lot. You’ll see what I mean.
3. I can e-mail pages to grandparents, etc. and make multiple copies of albums for my kids easily (even if it’s down the road when I can afford it!)
4. The digital kits are inexpensive and SO versatile! It’s fun to mix and match kits and play without taking over our whole kitchen table 😉
1. I won’t have an album to look through until the end of the year. Not a huge deal for me since I always seemed to be behind anyway.
2. No physical memorabilia. This one was hard to swallow at first, but I can always scan things, and I’m working on a traditional School album for Bella that will include lots of memorabilia.
3. None of my handwriting. I hate to say it, but I really didn’t enjoy writing on cards because I got so caught up in the spacing, handwriting etc. I do however, want to leave some for my kids to enjoy so I’ll have to work it in somehow.
Yup, free! You can download it here: Project Life Starter Pack and give digital a whirl! I think it’s brilliant that they are offering this so that you can get a feel for digital without investing any money. You will need a photo editing program such as Photoshop or Photoshop Elements to work with these products.
Okay, now we get to this year. I spent
way too much a lot of time trying to choose a look I liked for this new year. I’ve done the traditional layouts and wanted something a little more simple and clean. When I came across Linda’s gorgeous pages, I thought designing my own templates would be fun and give me a unique look. Tried that. Took forevs. Went to Plan B.