Over the next few weeks, students around the world will be “turning the tassel” at their high school graduations. And whether it’s formal Senior portraits or pictures from Mom’s iPhone, plenty of photos will be taken to commemorate the event. Here is a fun gift idea that is perfect for a Graduate – a DIY photo frame with tassel holder!
I’ve seen “tassel frames” in stores and loved the idea, just didn’t like how plain (and white) they were! You can easily customize this DIY version to the graduate’s school colors and still give a place to proudly display that hard-earned tassel!
What you need:
- wood plaque in any shape (mine is Poppyseed Projects)
- smaller wood picture frame ($1- Michaels)
- acrylic paint (I used DecoArt)
- Chalkboard spray paint (optional)
- 1 small cup hook (.50 – hardware store)
- stickers, wooden letters, etc (optional)
- Velcro or 3M Command strips