These standard, somewhat boring baskets came from Walmart for $ 0.98 and $1.98. I loved that they came in all different colors, but I hated how boring they were. For the price I knew I could grab a few baskets and do something with them.
Here’s the challenge: USE WHAT YOU HAVE! Come on, craft supply hoarders of the world! Time to bust out the stash and put it to good use.
- ruffled ribbon (found at a local scrapbooking store)
- fake daisy flower
- alligator hair clip (Sally Beauty Supply)
- scrap fabric – my piece measured 38×12 inches
- Apple Barrell by Plaid acrylic paint in Key West
- small scalloped frame from PoppySeed Projects (SNAP 2012 swag!)
- and LOTS of my favorite crafting tool, hot glue.
For the smaller basket, I figured the fabric lining would be a pain. So I went with simple and sweet. The pre-ruffled ribbon was hot glued in two layers around the edge and I added the cute daisy to one side.
I absolutely love how easy it was to transform this $0.98 basket. It adds a little something without being difficult or expensive.