Can you feel it? Love is in the air! I’m so excited to share a bunch of Valentine’s Day projects with you this week, starting with this easy and YUMMY recipe for Chocolate Strawberry M&M Rice Krispie Treats! (Say that 5 times fast!)
Confession: I’m a sucker for limited edition flavors of things that come out for the holidays! Like, all those Oreo flavors? I try ’em. Even though some are a huge disappointment. But these my friends, these are delish! Two new flavors of M&Ms were released for Valentine’s this year – and this Strawberry Chocolate flavor is really yummy! Rumor is these are only at Walmart and another limited edition flavor is at Target. But I don’t live by a Target and it is very, very sad. Seriously.
The combo of the M&Ms and strawberry flavored marshmallows is really good! Whip up a batch of these classic treats with a twist for your kids, the class party or a weeknight treat. Here’s how to make them.
- 1 bag ( 8 oz) Jet-Puffed Strawberry Marshmallows
- 3 Tbs butter
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Strawberry Chocolate Limited Edition M&Ms (or Piain Chocolate if not available) @walmart
- mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Melt butter (in a microwave safe-glass bowl) in microwave for 45 seconds, or until melted
- Add marshmallows to bowl and stir to coat
- Cook marshmallows and butter in microwave for 1-1/2 min. until completely melted, stirring after 45 sec
- Add cereal, mix well
- Gently stir in M&Ms (to taste) and mini chocolate chips if desired
- Press into 9X13 pan sprayed with cooking spray, cool completely.
I love making a classic treat my kids will love with a little holiday flair! What are your favorite M&M flavors? (By the way, this post is in no way sponsored by or affiliated with M&M, I just love ’em!)