It’s been way too long since I have done a $5 Friday post for you guys! I love easy projects that cost so little, but have a big impact. I have a 4-year-old and I may have a slight obsession with buying her new shoes. The problem is, she always scuffs the toes! Sound familiar?
I wanted to find a way to cover up the scuff marks, but still make them girly and cute! What could be more girly than gold, glitter, and hearts? What do you think of the new and improved Glitter Toe Boots?
1. Cut a heart pattern out of adhesive-backed label paper
2. Place heart on the toe of the boot and adhere
3. Trace around the heart shape with a gold sharpie
4. Remove adhesive paper from boot
5. Gather the rest of your supplies: small paintbrush, Mod Podge, and glitter
6. Paint the entire inside of the heart with Mod Podge
7. When it is completely covered, shake on the glitter of your choice. (I used Recollections Fine Gold glitter)
8. Shake off any excess glitter and let this layer dry for at least an hour
9. Once dry, repeat step 6 to seal this layer of glitter. Let the coat of Mod Podge dry completely.
10. Add one more coat of Mod Podge and glitter. This will be your final layer. I like how the sparkly the glitter is without the top coat, so that’s why I did a few layers!