A few weeks ago, I hinted at some new products coming to our Etsy shop, Geometree Design, this year. One of the products I am really excited about are these wooden word signs. I am still figuring out final specs, pricing, and shipping costs, but we should have some sizes available in the shop by the end of this week! All of the words will come unfinished, ready to paint or glitter to your heart’s desire! Here is how my LOVE sign turned out…. just in time for Valentine’s Day:
I started out with the unfinished wooden LOVE sign, approx. 25″ wide x 15″ tall. I decided on a copper glitter mixture, to coordinate with the big copper frame I have above my mantel in the same room. This is such a simple project! Here’s how I did it.
Materials(Amazon affiliate links used below):
- Acrylic craft paint (I used DecoArt Titanium Snow)
- Foam paintbrush
- Mod Podge (or any decoupage glue)
1. First I painted all the edges of my sign white and let it dry.
2. Next, I mixed a custom glitter color with 2 containers of orange (copper-color) glitter and one container of silver. I purchased this glitter at Walmart for $0.88 per tube. I split my glitter mix between 2 paper plates so I would have plenty to use as I was covering the sign.
3. Then I painted the front of the sign with Mod Podge (decoupage glue) one section at a time, making sure I got a nice even coat, and then added glitter to each section. That’s it!
I used my favorite 3M Command Picture Hanging Strips (medium size) to hang it on the wall.
I kind of love it.